Better than store bought, this holiday Cranberry Orange Biscotti with White Chocolate Cookie, inspired by a cherished family recipe, is a festive way to celebrate the holidays with friends and family.
This recipe is part of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Jars series for the 2017 holiday season. To see more fun and festive Christmas cookie recipes, click here!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4 ounce) white chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine sugar, butter, orange juice and orange zest in mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and beat on low speed until blended.
- 3 In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to wet ingredients and mix until fully blended. Add cranberries and mix to blend.
- 4 Divide dough in half, form each into a 4-inch x 8-inch rectangle shape and arrange on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- 5 Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 6 Using a serrated knife, slice into ½-inch thick slices. Arrange, cut side down, on a cookie sheet. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown, turning half way through baking time.
- 7 Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 8 Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 20 second increments, until melted, stirring occasionally. Do not overheat. Using a fork, drizzle melted chocolate over top side of biscotti. Cool completely.