Dilly Duchess Potatoes is a typical French dish made of mashed potatoes, eggs, and a variety of additional ingredients that can be molded into shapes and baked. In this version we keep it simple and delicious!
This recipe is part of our Whimsical Easter Gathering series. Find other great recipes for an Easter buffet at that link.
- 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 eggs, large, beaten
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup or more of heavy cream (to get desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- 2 Drain and place in a large mixing bowl to cool, about 20 minutes
- 3 Add in eggs, butter, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- 4 Blend well and add cream a little at a time until it is smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- 5 Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- 6 Pipe onto a baking sheet or sheets.
- 7 Melt remaining butter and drizzle on top.
- 8 Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.