This tasty chicken wings recipe has a mildly spicy Asian-inspired accent. Serve them at your game-time gathering and there will be “high fives” all around!
Why Try? These make a nice alternative to the usual Buffalo wings.
- 16 chicken wings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 Whisk together garlic, green onion, sugar, five-spice powder, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, and salt in a bowl.
- 2 Arrange the chicken pieces in a shallow, non-metallic dish. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to evenly coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 3 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 4 Lightly grease the baking sheet and arrange the marinated chicken on it.
- 5 Bake until crispy, about 45 minutes. Garnish with lime wedges.