Taco lovers have often found their favorite tacos in food trucks—until now! Straight from The Food Channel kitchens, “street” tacos—small, portable and handheld—what’s not to like? With flavor influences from beer, orange juice, and fresh lime, each mouthful is a delight!
- 2 1-1 1/4 pounds flank steak, trimmed, cut each steak in half crosswise
- 12 ounce can or bottle of beer
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapenos, diced
- 2 tablespoons mined garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil spray
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
- Radishes, sliced
- Lime wedges
- 1 Put flank steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Mix together beer, orange juice, lime juice, jalapenos, cumin, kosher salt and garlic, then pour over steaks.
- 2 Marinate for 5 hours or overnight.
- 3 Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- 4 Drain meat and discard marinade. Mix salt and cumin and rub into meat.
- 5 Spray onions light with oil and set them on a cleaned oiled cooking grate along with the steak.
- 6 Grill steak and onions 8 to 10 minutes and turn steaks at least once while grilling.
- 7 After removing steaks from the grill, rest 5 minutes before slicing. With a sharp knife cut on a slight diagonal, cut across grain into thin strips.
- 8 Serve meat, onions, sliced radishes, fresh queso and cilantro.