The indulgent combination of potato salad and smoked sausage is simply irresistible. This hearty side dish will be gobbled up quickly by everyone seated at the picnic table.
Why Try? Meat and potatoes in one dish! Sure to please every man and most women.
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Put the potatoes in a large kettle with water to cover and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and cool until they are easily handled.
- 2 Preheat the broiler. Cut the sausage diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices on a rack in a shallow pan, place the pan under the broiler, and cook the sausage until lightly browned. Turn the sausage and brown the other side. Remove the sausages to paper towels which will absorb excess fat.
- 3 Place the oils in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery to the skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4 To make the dressing, add the remaining ingredients, except radishes, to the skillet and blend well with a fork.
- 5 Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large serving bowl. Add sausage, radishes, and dressing and toss gently to mix. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.