Simple and packed with flavor, onions and bacon are the perfect complement to farm-stand-fresh green beans.
Why Try? This is one of those side dishes that can sometimes steal the show from the main dish. Everyone loves this.
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cook bacon until crisp in skillet, drain bacon, and set aside, reserving bacon grease.
- 2 In skillet with bacon grease, sauté onions with sugar, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar until tender. Set aside.
- 3 Steam or blanch green beans until tender, and toss with onion mixture and reserved bacon pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.