You’ve never had comfort food like this– a waffle made into a grilled cheese (or is it a grilled cheese made into a waffle?)
- Waffle or Pancake mix of your choice
- Spray oil
- Cheese, sliced
- 1 Prepare waffle mix according to package directions, which usually call for eggs and oil or butter.
- 2 Heat waffle iron and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- 3 Pour waffle batter on waffle iron and cook according to directions, until waffle is brown.
- 4 Remove and quickly put cheese slices on half of the waffle, folding it over.
- 5 Return the folded waffle to the waffle iron, fitting it into the crevices and letting it heat until the cheese is melted.
- 6 (Alternative is to place folded waffle in a 300 degree oven and allow waffle sandwiches to heat until cheese is melted--an easy way to prepare these for a crowd).