Eggplant sizzles up great on the grill. Combine it with fresh red onion, and you’ve got a terrific grilled veggie combo.
Why Try? Summer’s a wonderful time to roast your garden fresh vegetables on the grill.
- 1 Eggplant, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- SWEET SOY BASTING SAUCE:
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Brush the glaze on both sides of the eggplant and onions.
- 2 Place on a hot grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- 3 Remove and serve with main dish.
- 4 To prepare the Sweet Soy Basting Sauce:
- 5 Combine all ingredients in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until butter and sugar are melted and combined with the other ingredients. Simmer the mixture until it is thick enough to coat a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 6 Brush the eggplant and onion with the sauce on both sides and let them stand loosely covered for 30 minutes.