Need help to get over a broken heart? There’s nothing like this half peanut butter, half chocolate chip giant cookie to get over a big hurt–or, just make the cookies for one flavor or the other. Here is the recipe for the peanut butter cookies, part of our Valentine’s Baking Day series.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars, and eggs together.
- 2 Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
- 3 Form into balls and place on parchment or greased cookie sheet.
- 4 Using a fork dipped in flour, press down to give an indentation and flatten the cookies.
- 5 Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- 6 To make the heart-shaped cookie, take half the batter and roll out to fit half of the heart shape. Use chocolate or chocolate chip cookie batter for the other half.