If you love guacamole like I do, I’m always looking for chef shortcuts that still deliver on flavor. This El Chimpiras Guacamole recipe is shared by Executive Chef Jose Icardi of the recently opened Diez y Seis, at the Shore Club in South Beach – an iconic landmark hotel.
The restaurant is a celebratory space with grand views overlooking the pool, surrounded by palm trees. It’s a celebration of Mexican tradition with rustic decor a the feel of a traditional Mexican taqueria. It’s named in honor of Mexican Independence Day, September 16.
Chef Icardi shares this quick-and-easy recipe for El Chimpiras Guacamole.
“I fell in love with Mexican cuisine 15 years ago when I took my first trip to Mexico City and it’s only grown stronger,” Chef Icardi says. I’m so thrilled to bring my vision to Shore Club, one of the most well-known hotels in South Beach. Mexican cuisine brought the world so many wonderful flavors, from chilies to vanilla beans to chocolate. I hope to pay homage to the country’s culinary contribution with this concept.
- 4 ounces Avocado Mix
- 1 teaspoon tomatoes, diced
- 1 leaf white onion, diced
- 0.5 ounces cilantro, chopped
- 0.5 ounces jalapeño, chopped
- 2 ounces lobster
- 1 ounce red dragon fruit
- 4 Serrano peppers, sliced
- Garnish micro cilantro
- 1 basket crispy tortilla chips
- 1 In mixing bowl, combine avocado mix, tomatoes, white onion, cilantro and jalapaño.
- 2 Add lobster and dragon fruit on top.
- 3 Garnish with sliced Serrano peppers and micro cilantro.