Homemade Hot Cocoa with PEEPS gives you a marshmallow topping like you have only dreamed! Skip the store-bought cocoa packets with this rich creamy homemade hot cocoa recipe. For a whimsical touch, we changed up traditional mini marshmallows with colorful marshmallow PEEPS. The flavor of real hot cocoa paired with warm melty PEEPS coated with a light crunch of sugar tastes incredible and adds a fun festive element to any Easter gathering–especially the kid’s table.
This recipe is part of our Whimsical Easter Gathering series. Find other great recipes for an Easter buffet at that link.
- 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups half & half
- PEEPS® (any color or amount--your choice)
- 1 Combine cocoa, sugar, salt and hot water in saucepan; stir until blended. Add half & half and whisk to blend.
- 2 Heat over medium-low heat until warm, stirring frequently.
- 3 Serve hot cocoa topped with PEEPS®, if desired.