Korean-style cooking has become a popular trend in the U.S. and these wings are prepared in the classic Korean style.
Why Try? These wings deliver a “sweet-heat” kick of flavor that people are really digging these days.
- 1 to 2 pounds chicken wings 1st and 2nd joint, no tips
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes.
- 3 In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and the ginger. Cook for 2 minutes. Add sherry, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 In a large pot or fryer, heat 3-inches of canola oil, or enough to prevent wings from touching the bottom of the pan, to 350°F. Add the chicken wings to the oil and cook for about 3 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove the chicken wings from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- 5 Add the wings to the sauce. Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.