Right out of the mind of an elf, these Magic Kisses are twists on the classic blossom cookie, featuring double vanilla and a shimmering sugary sparkle—all topped off with a chocolate kiss.
This recipe is part of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Jars series for the 2017 holiday season. To see more fun and festive Christmas cookie recipes, click here!
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 unwrapped Hershey Kisses
- 1 cup sanding sugar
- 1/4 cup edible stars and glitter (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Beat butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended. Add in dry ingredients.
- 3 Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4 Remove from oven and let cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5 Press a chocolate kiss into the middle of each cookie.
- 6 Sprinkle with sanding sugar. Sprinkle on edible stars and glitter (optional).
- 7 Move cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.