This delicious nutrient-dense salad features fresh microgreens in a light yet flavorful Meyer lemon vinaigrette with autumn pears, pomegranate pearls, toasted pine nuts and fresh grated Parmesan cheese!
We used fresh pea shoots and sunflower sprouts from Bauer Urban Farm for our salad; check your local farmer’s market or grocer produce department for fresh microgreen blends.
Serve this Microgreen Salad with Pomegranate and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette as a small plate or appetizer, for a light lunch or to balance a rich entrée.
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- to taste kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 cups fresh assorted microgreens
- 1 small pear, thin-sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup pomegranate pearls
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 Juice Meyer lemon; combine juice with shallots and Dijon mustard. Whisk in olive oil; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine microgreens, pear slices, pomegranate pearls, Parmesan, and pine nuts and gently combine. Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss to blend. Portion salad on plates. (Salad can be prepared ahead; toss with reserved vinaigrette to serve.)