These Mini Graveyard Dirt Cakes are fun to assemble and provide a great activity for parents and kids to enjoy together. In this recipe, yogurt is layered with crushed walnuts and dirt (made with cookie crumbs) to create a festive cemetery scene.
- 2.5 ounces White chocolate melting wafers
- 8 California walnut halves
- 1 small Tube, black decorating gel
- 3 cups Vanilla whole milk yogurt
- 6 Chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup California walnut halves
- 1 Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper.
- 2 Place white chocolate in a small microwave-safe dish. Heat chocolate in 15-second intervals, stirring with a spoon between each interval, until white chocolate is almost melted (you don't want the chocolate to burn). Stir chocolate vigorously until all wafers are melted.
- 3 Using a fork, dip each walnut half into the chocolate, cover with chocolate, then remove, shaking excess back into the bowl. Place walnut halves onto wax paper.
- 4 Refrigerate 15 minutes. Remove halves from refrigerator and write the letters "RIP" on each walnut half using the black decorating gel.
- 1 Layer yogurt at the bottom of four short and wide mason jars or glass bowls.
- 2 Add cookies and walnut halves to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form, about one minute.
- 3 Spoon crumbs over the yogurt. Place two gravestones in each mason jar graveyard. Serve or refrigerate until serving.