Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Onion Association,
For an even heartier breakfast, stir in leftover shredded chicken with the sweet potato and onions.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2 Add onion, sweet potato, cauliflower, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 3 Pour in the chicken broth, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- 4 Create 4 small indentations in the potato mixture.
- 5 Crack an egg into each indentation. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes until egg white is set and yolk is runny.
- 6 Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.