Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Onion Association,
For an even heartier breakfast, stir in leftover shredded chicken with the sweet potato and onions.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2 Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat.
- 3 Add sweet potato, onion, cauliflower, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 4 Cook for 2 minutes.
- 5 Stir in chicken broth, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- 6 Create 4 small indentation in the potato mixture. Crack an egg into each indentation. Cover the skillet and cook for 4 minutes until egg white is set and yolk is runny.
- 7 Uncover, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.