Classic quiche Lorraine recipe features crisp crumbled bacon, shredded Gruyere cheese and asparagus baked in individual-sized pie crusts.
Why Try? Who wouldn’t love to receive fresh baked quiche during the busy holiday season? Arrange quiche in a small basket, garnish with sprigs of fresh greenery and a festive bow for an impressive gift.
- 1 1/4 cups Gruyere (or Swiss cheese), shredded
- 1/2 cup crisp crumbled bacon
- 2 refrigerated 6-inch pie dough rounds
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup asparagus, steamed, 1/2 inch diagonal sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Unroll pie crusts and press into pie pans, trim edges and crimp crusts. Chill pie crusts for 15 minutes.
- 3 Bake pie crusts until light golden brown; remove from oven and reserve.
- 4 Combine eggs, sour cream and half & half in bowl and whisk to blend.
- 5 Add shredded cheese, bacon, asparagus, seasonings and grated cheese; stir to blend.
- 6 Spoon into prebaked pie shells and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden and firm.