Spoonable desserts are part of our 2014 Dessert Trends, so we gave you an easy one. Just make it with instant or store-bought tapioca or your favorite recipe, and torch the top for flair!
- Tapioca pudding
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar per serving
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Blueberries, or any fruit topping of your choice
- 1 Spoon prepared tapioca pudding into individual serving dishes or ramekins.
- 2 Sprinkle sugar over the top of each.
- 3 Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg if desired.
- 4 Using a kitchen torch, simply caramelize the top to melt the sugar until it's slightly brown.
- 5 If you don't have a torch, place serving dishes on a baking sheet and put under the broiler just until sugar melts.
- 6 Be sure to watch--it goes fast!
- 7 Add berries or fruit topping and serve.