Raspberry Champagne Cocktail Recipe. Fresh raspberries macerated in creme de cassis and then bathed in chilled Champagne, with just a hint of grenadine for extra flavor, make this a sumptuous and eye catching aperitif for a special meal.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma and adapted from Easter: Food and Entertaining (Hamlyn, 2003).
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons crème de cassis
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry Champagne, chilled
- 4 to 6 teaspoons grenadine syrup (optional)
- 1 Put the raspberries in a small bowl, add the crème de cassis and let macerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2 Divide the raspberries among 6 Champagne flutes and pour in the well-chilled Champagne. Add grenadine to taste and serve immediately. Serves 6.