Golden crispy hot wings smothered in buttery, hot-and-spicy Buffalo wing sauce and crumbled blue cheese. Served in a “pile-up” on a platter with fresh-cut celery sticks, and a side of tangy Buffalo blue cheese sauce for dipping!
Why Try? Impress the gang with an over-the-top display of hot wings served restaurant-style with all the fixings!
- 2 (2-lb.) packages fully-cooked Buffalo wings, frozen
- 7 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce, divided
- 6 tablespoons clarified (or melted) butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Prepare wings according to package directions.
- 2 Combine clarified butter and 6 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce in large bowl and whisk to blend; add wings and toss to coat.
- 3 Arrange wings on platter; sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over wings.
- 4 To assemble dip: combine blue cheese dressing with 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce and whisk to blend. Portion in bowl and arrange on platter.
- 5 Garnish platter with celery sticks and cherry tomatoes.
- 6 • Frozen fully cooked Buffalo wings make this recipe extra quick and easy to put together. Simply toss with sauce and arrange on platter.
- 7 • To make it your own: Season Buffalo sauce with a generous shake of chili and lime seasoning, available in the produce section of grocery store, for spicy hot wings with a Caribbean accent.
- 8 For Clarified Butter: Place 1 stick (1/4 lb.) butter in microwave-safe container (such as a Pyrex measuring cup), cover loosely with film wrap and microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted and foaming on top. Let sit until milky solids sink to bottom. Carefully skim off foam with spoon and discard; slowly pour off clarified butter into separate container, being careful to not disturb sediment in bottom of cup.
- 9 Yield: 6 tablespoons