What do you do with turnips? Roasting can bring out a unique flavor when combined with carrots and beets. It’s great as a side dish for any dinner.
Copyright 2011. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use in a printed cookbook or commercial website, please contact Editor.
- 1 pound beets, peeled, halved or quartered
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled, cut in half
- 1 pound turnips, peeled, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling, optional
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Place beets, carrots, and turnips in a bowl.
- 3 Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables.
- 4 Spread in a single layer on a roasting pan.
- 5 Roast for 1 hour or until browned or caramelized.
- 6 Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.