This delicious nosh is the perfect nibble for your holiday party. Make ahead and serve at room temperature, displayed on a festive plate or served upright in several glass containers scattered around your serving table.
For the full list of recipes in this A Heavenly Christmas-inspired buffet series, click here and find the links at the end of that story.
- 1 box (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed as needed, flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated white Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Roll out each puff pastry sheets on a floured surface into a 10-inch by 12-inch triangle shape. Whisk 1 egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush lightly over surface of puff pastry sheets.
- 3 Sprinkle asiago, white Cheddar, salt and black pepper evenly over the top of each sheet; Using a rolling pin, press toppings lightly into puff pastry sheets.
- 4 Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut each sheet into 12 strips; twist each strip and arrange on baking sheets.
- 5 Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and puffed, turning half way through baking.
- 6 Cool; serve at room temperature.