Hot-off-the-grill cilantro-lime marinated red snapper fish tacos are fast & easy to fix with prepared slaw, fresh avocado slices and a drizzling of creamy salsa verde. Hit them with a squeeze of smoky, grilled lime and a fresh grind of sea salt.
Why Try? If you’ve never tried fish tacos, you’re in for a real treat! This is a quick, grilled version that your family will request again and again.
- 1 pound (1-inch thick) red snapper fish fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw blend
- 16 avocado slices (about 2 small avocados)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 1 Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2 Combine lime juice, cilantro, oil and red snapper in large zip top bag; marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- 3 For creamy salsa verde, combine salsa and mayonnaise in mini food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- 4 Remove fish from marinade, season with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and place on hot grill. Grill fish for 6 minutes on each side and remove. Let rest several minutes then flake fish with fork.
- 5 Place lime halves on grill, flesh side down, along with tortillas for 1 minute or until limes are grill marked and one side of tortillas are toasted. Remove and bend tortillas, toasted side out, into taco-shape.
- 6 Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup slaw and 2 slices avocado. Divide fish evenly among tacos and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon sauce. Sprinkle with remaining sea salt and serve with grilled lime half.