Slow-cook your way to an impressive chicken dinner—it’s easy with our Mediterranean braising base, a classic blend of Chardonnay, dried fruits and olives. Just brown the chicken pieces and add the braising base, then simmer until the meat is fork-tender.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb., cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar Mediterranean chicken braising base
- 1 Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3 Slow-cooker method: In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until just smoking. Working in batches, brown the chicken on both sides, 8 to 10 minutes per batch. Transfer to a slow cooker and add the braising base. Cover and cook on high according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the meat is fork-tender, about 3 hours.
- 4 Oven method: Preheat an oven to 325°F. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and brown the chicken as directed above. Return all the chicken to the pot, add the braising base and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot, transfer to the oven and cook until the meat is fork-tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 5 Transfer the chicken and sauce to a serving bowl and serve immediately.