Spiced Walnut Crust Cookie with Chocolate Ganache and Sea Salt is part of our 2014 Dessert Trends–and one of our favorites!
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely ground, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon, cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar.
- 3 Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth or use an electric mixer with a paddle.
- 4 Add in 1/2 cup ground nuts.
- 5 Sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in a bowl.
- 6 Add to the dough. Mix until well blended.
- 7 Place dough on parchment paper and roll up.
- 8 Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 9 Unwrap and roll into quarter sized balls, place on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10 Remove from oven and let cool.
- 11 Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals.
- 12 Top cooled cookies with chocolate, sea salt and remaining walnuts.