Halloween sugar cookies shaped like scary skeleton bones! We used refrigerated sugar cookie dough pressed into bone-shaped cookie pan for this easy to prepare Halloween treat and then lightly painted on eerie shadows with soft gel paste food color we purchased from the baking aisle of our local craft store. Scary delicious!
- 1 (16.50 oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cinnamon sugar, as needed (optional)
- Brown soft gel paste food color, as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Press sugar cookie dough into bone shaped pans ¾ of the way full.
- 3 Optional: sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar if not painting cooked “bones”
- 4 Bake uncovered per package directions (about 10 minutes) or until light golden.
- 5 Remove from oven; cool. Carefully remove sugar cookie “bones” from pan.
- 6 Using a small craft store paint brush and gel paste food color, lightly paint shadowing on bones.