Upgrade Taco Tuesday with taco truck-style street tacos made fresh at home in just 20 minutes!
Perfect for a busy night, this fun recipe uses leftover grilled chicken seasoned with Mexican seasoning, topped with white queso sauce and stuffed in a crisp skillet-griddled corn tortilla taco.
Add your favorite toppings on the side such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and lettuce so everyone can customize their own street tacos!
Inexpensive taco holders, available in most kitchen departments in big box stores and online, make taco assembly quick & easy.
Find our other Back to School recipes below:
- As needed vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 grilled chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces refrigerated white queso sauce
- As needed shredded lettuce
- As needed shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- As needed choice of salsa or pico de gallo
- As needed sour cream
- As needed refrigerated guacamole
- 1 Brush corn tortillas lightly on both sides with vegetable oil. Working in several smaller batches, cook corn tortillas in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side or until puffy and crisp around outer edges. Reserve.
- 2 Random-chop cooked chicken into ½-inch pieces, transfer to skillet used for tortillas. Add olive oil and seasoning; toss to blend. Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fully heated.
- 3 Heat white queso sauce according to package directions.
- 4 To assemble tacos: layer seasoned chicken evenly in taco shells; drizzle queso sauce over chicken.
- 5 Accompany with topping choices such as lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
- 6 Serve accompanied with warm refried black beans topped with melted Monterey cheese and tortilla chips for dipping, if desired.