Tender beef simmered in salsa provides a deep, rich flavor upon which to pile grilled fresh peppers and chopped tomatoes all cooled down with a cilantro lime crema.
Why Try? Vibrant and full of Latin flavors, these look so good they hardly count as tacos. Plus, it’s so easy to change or add toppings depending on what you like.
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 4 cups cooked pot roast meat, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup habañero salsa
- 1 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, grilled and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas, grilled
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- grilled lime wedges for garnish
- 1 Start by making the crema. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Mix thoroughly and chill.
- 2 To make the beef, combine beef pieces, salsas, and red onion, and sauté in a large skillet until bubbling. Continue simmering for 5 minutes, take off heat, and set aside.
- 3 Arrange grilled tortillas, peppers, beef, tomatoes, cilantro and a dish of crema on a serving platter and allow guests to assemble their own tacos.