Avocado soup with a splash of tequila—a good way to say ‘Viva Mexico!’
Why Try? Soup made with tequila? C’mon, that’s something worth trying. Serve with a salad for a light and cool summer supper.
- 4 medium avocados, cut in half, pits removed, and pulp scooped out
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion or scallion
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 Place all ingredients, except salt, in a blender or food processor and liquefy until smooth, doing this in two batches if necessary.
- 2 Taste for seasoning, add salt and pulse briefly.
- 3 Refrigerate one hour before serving.
- 4 Garnish with chopped tomatoes, corn and crumbled bacon. Served chilled.