Nothing conjures up Christmas like a snow globe, and you’ll want to step into this one all the way! Our snow globe cookie jar is filled to the brim with scrumptious snowball cookies, with a toasty twist from the pecans and chocolate chips.
This recipe is part of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Jars series for the 2017 holiday season. To see more fun and festive Christmas cookie recipes, click here!
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Toast the chopped pecans by spreading them on a cookie sheet and baking for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- 3 Cream butter and 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 4 Add flavorings, salt, and flour, mixing well.
- 5 Add chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips (optional) and mix. Using your hands, scoop out and shape into balls. The mixture will appear crumbly, but all you have to do is press it together and roll it and it will hold. (You’ll think it needs more liquid, but resist!)
- 6 Place balls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Cookies will not spread, but give them a little space in between.
- 7 Bake 18 minutes. Bottoms will be brown—don’t go by the top.
- 8 Let cool, take remaining powdered sugar and sprinkle over the top, using a fine mesh strainer.