Here’s a culinary combo you might not have tried. The contrasting flavors of watermelon and bleu cheese create a delightful taste experience.
Why Try? You’re ready for a flavor adventure, right? Go for it.
- 12-16 1-inch thick chunks ripe watermelon
- 3 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- FOR DRESSING:
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 Place watermelon pieces in a large bowl and crumble the bleu cheese over the watermelon.
- 2 In a bowl combine shallot and vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in oil and thyme until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and bleu cheese.
- 4 Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.