Here’s a way to plus-up your fudge for the season, both in looks and flavor.
It’s a double layered fudge with milk chocolate on the bottom and white chocolate on top, both with the surprise of dried fruit inside. As one tester noted, “It’s what fruit cake would taste like if it was good!”
This is part of our tribute to the Hallmark movie and ebook, A Heavenly Christmas, and just might have been something found on Eve’s buffet of sweets!
For the full list of recipes in this A Heavenly Christmas-inspired buffet series, click here and find the links at the end of that story.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (1 bag) white chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided into two parts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided, 1 teaspoon for each type of chocolate
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Line a square 8 x 8 pan with foil and lightly spray the foil.
- 2 In a saucepan (use a non-stick if possible) melt over medium heat ONLY the semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips with one-half can of the sweetened condensed milk. Melt, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 3 Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir.
- 4 Add your choice of dried fruit (we used the dates here) and stir.
- 5 Pour this layer into the prepared square pan and set aside.
- 1 In a clean saucepan (again, non-stick if possible) melt over medium heat ONLY the white chocolate chips with one-half can of the sweetened condensed milk. Melt, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2 Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir.
- 3 Add the remainder of the fruit and stir. We chose the blueberries and cranberries for color contrast.
- 4 Pour this layer over the top of the chocolate layer and refrigerate.
- 5 May need to let sit out in order to slice, so plan for that prior to serving.