Classic no-bake haystack cookies all dressed up for the holidays!
Toss chow mein noodles in a blend of luscious melted white chocolate and chopped pistachios for these festive holiday haystacks. To avoid seizing, use best quality white chocolate candy bars instead of white chocolate baking chips in this recipe.
This recipe is part of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Jars series for the 2017 holiday season. To see more fun and festive Christmas cookie recipes, click here!
- 3 (4 ounce each) white chocolate candy bars
- 4 cups (8 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 Break chocolate bars into small pieces, place in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Melt chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until melted, stirring occasionally. Do not overheat.
- 2 Combine melted white chocolate and chow mein noodles in a large bowl and gently mix to blend. Add pistachios and toss to blend. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheets lined with wax paper and refrigerate or let sit at room temperature until chocolate hardens.