This indulgent staple on the British holiday table is served fresh from the oven, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Why Try? Yorkshire pudding is perfect for ‘sopping up’ a roast beef’s natural juices and reduced wine pan sauce.
- 3/4 cup beef fat rendered from roast
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2 In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and milk. Blend with a wire whisk.
- 3 Add eggs and blend well. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula and continue to whip until batter is smooth.
- 4 Let batter sit at room temperature for an hour.
- 5 Preheat large muffin tins or 3/4 cup glass baking cups in oven with 1 1/2 tablespoon of beef fat in each tin or cup.
- 6 Pour approximately 1/3 cup of batter into each cup.
- 7 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pudding rises well above level of tins or cups and begins to brown on tops and edges. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8 Serve immediately.