Try these amazing Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes for the holidays! We added a drizzle of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil to these rich creamy mashed potatoes just before serving for a fresh & contemporary presentation. For added convenience, this recipe can be made ahead and chilled. Simply reheat in microwave-safe container for carefree serving on the big day.
Find our full Traditional Holiday Meal with all twelve recipes at this link.
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, warm
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Best quality extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 In a large measuring cup, gently heat cream and butter in microwave or in a small saucepan on stove, set aside.
- 2 Cut peeled potatoes into large chunks and place in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Add ½ tablespoon salt, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 3 Drain immediately.
- 4 In a large mixing bowl, either pass potatoes through a ricer, or mash by hand.
- 5 Add warm cream mixture and mix until smooth and cream has absorbed. S
- 6 eason to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7 Place in a serving dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil.