This simple recipe turns out marvelous mashed potatoes every time. Using a ricer results in just the right texture.
Why Try? Ricing the potatoes ensures they won’t be over mixed which can result in a gluey texture. This method will yield wonderful, fluffy mashed potatoes everyone will love.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half, warmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Put potatoes into a saucepan. Add water until potatoes are covered.
- 2 Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain thoroughly.
- 3 Rice potatoes into a large bowl.
- 4 Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly blended. Serve warm.