This simple recipe transforms ordinary quesadillas into an extraordinary appetizer. The earthy, nutty taste of cumin complements the flavor of fresh asparagus, which is an unexpected addition to mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon and green onions.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cumin Seed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Salt
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly toast cumin seeds in large skillet on medium heat about 3 minutes, shaking pan frequently. Remove seeds from skillet. Set aside.
- 2 2. Cook bacon in same skillet on medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble when cool. Discard drippings. Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic salt; cook and stir 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- 3 3. Place tortillas on large baking sheet. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle evenly with green onions, cheese, bacon and cumin.
- 4 4. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.