Recipe Courtesy of Ruskin International
Avocados are a staple of Mexican cuisine, and their versatility and easy-to-use nature make them a fantastic addition to any Cinco de Mayo party. It is important to choose the freshest avocados for these party snacks. To spot a ripe avocado, one looks for a green-black pebbly skin that yields to gentle pressure when squeezed. The following quick and easy party food recipes are just the thing to get the fiesta started this Cinco de Mayo.
- 2 Hass Avocados from Mexico
- 1/2 cup of fresh chorizo, cooked through
- 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 In a small bowl, mix the avocado, chorizo, cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Lay one biscuit on a clean work surface and roll out until about double in size. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture in the center of the circle and fold the dough over the top to enclose the mixture. It should create a semi-circle. Seal the edges with a fork and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- 3 Repeat with the remaining biscuits. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.