Scooped out baby pumpkins make a great serving container for a light holiday dessert or sweet side dish.
Why try? They add a charming festive touch to your holiday table.
Foodie Byte: Try filling the little pumpkins with our recipe for cranberry pear and ginger chutney. You can eat the little pumpkins, too, just as you would an acorn squash.
This recipe is part of our “Best Thanksgiving Ever” menu feature. Click here to read the story and check out the full menu.
Copyright 2009. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use in a printed cookbook or commercial website, please contact Editor.
- Baby pumpkins, similar in size
- Butter, melted
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cut off and reserve the tops of each pumpkin by cutting around the stem in a circle.
- 3 Scoop out the seeds, rub the insides with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 4 Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- 5 Cool and fill with chutney or other holiday filling, as desired.