Lunches that taste good and are good for you seem impossible to find. Well, if that’s the case for you, you’ll love this recipe.
Quinoa, kale, fresh strawberries, bacon and a homemade dressing make this salad the perfect balance of nutritious, salty and sweet!
- 3/4 cup prepared quinoa
- 1 cup hand-torn kale
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bacon, pan-grilled + chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- 2 Meanwhile, pan-grill the bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes/side, set aside. I like to blot it with a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- 3 In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, + chili powder, set aside.
- 4 Place the kale on a plate with the strawberries, + bacon, then top with the dressing + enjoy!