McCormick® Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix flavors rice and beans for a hearty, savory side dish.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 package McCormick® Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add water and rice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix and beans. Cook until heated through.
- 3 TIP: Stir in 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, with beans.