Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 cups salad greens (spring mix, romaine or your favorite)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (Stilton or Gorgonzola can also be used)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon mild vinegar (white or rice wine vinegar)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together oil, sour cream, honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Taste vinaigrette and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 2 Rinse and dry blueberries.
- 3 In a medium-sized bowl, dress the salad greens with a small amount of vinaigrette and toss. Add more vinaigrette if necessary.
- 4 Place dressed salad greens on serving plate, and top with blueberries and blue cheese.