These toasty mushrooms can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish. Prepare in advance and then pop under the broiler just before serving until the cheese bubbles.
Recipe courtesy of OliVaylle and submitted by Sarah Aguilar. OliVayelle is extra virgin olive oil from Australia.
- 24 brown or white mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Olivaylle Olive Nectar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms with a soft brush. Snap stems out of mushroom caps, careful not to break the cap.
- 1 Clean mushrooms with a soft brush. Snap stems out of mushroom caps, careful not to break the cap.
- 2 Heat Olive Nectar in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chives and cook about 1 minute. Add mushroom caps and cook about 2 minutes. Pour in sherry and soy sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste. Toss mushroom caps well and cook until tender.
- 3 Oil a shallow tart pan or other oven-proof serving dish. Place mushroom caps upside-down in pan or dish, so bowl shape of cap can capture the shredded cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese into mushroom caps.
- 4 Place under hot broiler until cheese bubbles and slightly browns, about 1 minute.