Hot homemade soup is a perfect meal on a crisp, cool day.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 green apples, peeled & chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cans water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Peel squash and remove seeds. Cut into chunks.
- 2 Combine squash with apples, onions, rosemary, salt and pepper, broth and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 3 Puree in blender or food processor. Return mixture to saucepan and bringjust to boiling point, then reduce heat.
- 4 Before serving add cream. Serve hot.