For a refreshing fruity summery chicken salad, try this delightful recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Florida-Agriculture
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green grapes seedless, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, ground
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, celery, grapes and pecans.
- 2 In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- 3 Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and toss gently.
- 4 Spoon into cantaloupe halves.