Chef Cari’s Cobb Salad is a classic, but can be customizable as well, perfect for a casual get together. For vegetarians, simply remove the chicken and bacon, replace with black beans or chick peas. Delicious!
We don’t always get the chance to watch a culinary artist make her own recipe but this is our chance as Chef Cari prepares her famous Cobb salad in the latest episode of 90 Seconds in the Kitchen!
- 6 cups lettuce blend
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled, chilled and sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 On a large platter, layer the bottom with mixed greens, then top in rows remaining ingredients.
- 2 For the dressing - add both vinegars to minced shallots, season with salt and pepper, whisk swiftly and slowly add olive oil while continuing to whisk.
- 3 Serve with dressing on the side.