This one-dish brunch casserole is ideal for a crowd. Add a fruit salad and you can sit back and enjoy your company.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 260, Fat: 16 g, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Cholesterol: 128 mg, Sodium: 492 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 15 g.
Make Ahead: This one-dish brunch casserole is ideal for a crowd. Add a fruit salad and you can sit back and enjoy your company.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (5 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Add onion to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened.
- 2 Spread 1/2 of the bread cubes in 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with 1/2 each of the onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Spread evenly with cottage cheese. Top with remaining bread cubes, onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- 3 Beat eggs in medium bowl until foamy. Add milk, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; beat until blended. Pour evenly over top. Press bread cubes lightly into egg mixture until completely covered. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4 Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.