A delicious Italian treat that is easy to make at home. You can follow our suggestions, or customize the ingredients any way you like–adding more fresh vegetables, mushrooms, pepperoni, or anything you like. Make it your own!
And, for a crisp crust, we recommend using the Nonstick Mesh Crisper by Chef’s Planet.
Content sponsored by:
- 1 fresh or frozen pizza dough ball
- 1 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning (optional, depending on level of seasoning you like)
- 4-6 slices Provolone cheese
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- 1 Roll out dough into a wide circle--enough to put filling on one side and fold it over. Set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3 Brown sausage in a frying pan and cook it thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
- 4 With mandoline or knife thinly slice both peppers. Add to cooled sausage mixture.
- 5 Mix together Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses. Add Italian seasoning and mix well. Add sausage and vegetables into cheese mixture.
- 6 Now, begin to layer your ingredients onto half of the dough. Start with 2-4 slices of Provolone, then add the sausage, cheese and vegetable mixture. Finish by placing the remainder of the Provolone cheese on top.
- 7 Fold dough over and crimp the edges, using a little milk or olive oil.
- 8 Finish off if desired by brushing top with olive oil and sprinkling with Italian seasoning.
- 9 Place on mesh crisper (or cookie sheet) and bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, or until nicely brown.
- 10 Remove from oven and, using a pizza cutter, slice into 4-6 pieces and serve with a side of Marinara sauce for dipping.