Deep-fried tostadas are available in most well-stocked supermarkets. If you cannot find them, divide 4 cups good-quality corn tortilla chips among bowls, top with the chicken salad and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh corn kernels from 2 ears of cooked corn (about 2 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 canned green chilies, diced
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 corn tostadas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded salt and pepper chicken
- 1 Prepare the salsa: In a bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- 2 Transfer 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to a large bowl and add the beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies; mix gently. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette. Let the salsa stand for at least 10 minutes until the flavors have blended.
- 3 Assemble the salads: Add the lettuce to the reserved vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide the tostadas and lettuce among 4 plates. Spoon the salsa over the lettuce, top with the chicken and serve immediately.